Thursday, April 23, 2009

Truely Madly Deeply......talk about a Blast from the Past !

Dear readers this past weekend has been a spectacularly FanFrikinTastic (and yes I made that word up all by myself. Patent pending if you are reading Miss Hilton lol!).
Seriously Saturday was beautiful beyond compare . It was Sunny with the softest breeze floating and Sunday was rainy , foggy and chilly . Both have such a sharp contrast but each beautiful none the less .
But I digress.....

Ever had time just rewind for you ? A time in your life when you seem to float backwards in time .... sometimes you may feel that way for a minute, an hour, a day, or in my case an entire weekend.

This past weekend was very nostalgic for me . I've heard from old friends that I haven't heard from in years . I broke out my Ipod with my 80's soft rock and time was in rewind . With each soothing, rocking, or tear-jerking melody I've remembered exactly why I liked each song, where I first heard it, who the song was "for" at the time, even the situations that made the songs come into play . Ah such bliss ! For even though all the memories are not good, they are memories .
Which means I am still here to remember them....

So I went about my weekend in a nastalgic phase . Memories that are so sharp it is almost as if I were there again . Excruciating Pleasure you might say ....

Those memories of that sweet first kiss....you remember those...the kiss you had imagined and thought about every single second since you first laid eyes on the person that you wanted it from....the anticipation building so that when you do meet your lips to your love for the first time, it feels as if electricity has passed through your veins to the very innermost chamber of your heart...Yes you never forget that first kiss .
The memories of a passion so strong your breath could barely escape your lips....and just the mere thought of that someone ( or maybe several someones, depending on how many times you've found true love) makes your arms ache to hold them....
The memories of your first true love and consequently your first broken heart...
Memories of parties that you thought would never end , dates you wish had ended early, and friendships that have faded like the pages of a book and yet other friendships that have became unbreakable, strong and everlasting.......

Ah the good ole days ... things will never be the same ....
But as my weekend came to a close, I know things can never be as they once were. Those were different times...different lifetimes...and if I could go back to any one of those times I choose.......I wouldn't go back .
For dear reader I love my life today . Each single memory has led me down a road to where I am today . They have brought me through pain and sorrow. They have brought me through such happiness I thought my heart would burst from trying to contain it . Those memories have made the road I'm on.....and I wouldn't change a thing.
So to close this I'm listening to "Truely, Madly, Deeply" once again and wishing you all the Happiest of memories and the best life has to offer !

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment is being moderated and will be published as soon as it is reviewed .